Players love the new Phoenix Suns uniforms
Since their inception in 1968, the players on the court have fashioned only three different uniform styles.
Thursday night in Scottsdale, the Suns unveiled their new threads -- only their fourth uniform in their 45-year history. The players who strutted on the catwalk were unanimous in their praise of the team's new look.
"They're not really flashy, not too much. They're kind of old school," rookie center Alex Len said. "They're really classy, so I really like them."
Len wore the Suns' new home white jersey, which doesn't feature the franchise's staple color, purple. It's the first home uniform in team history not to have purple.
But the team also rolled out a new purple road jersey and the alternate orange sleeved jersey, an invention by adidas, the official uniform supplier of the NBA.
"I think we've got some of the best colors in the league," said forward P.J. Tucker, who modeled the purple jersey. "Now they've incorporated a little more black into them and the sleeved jerseys, I like them. It's pretty cool."
The Suns will be one of a handful of teams to wear the sleeved alternates in 2012-13. They'll start wearing them for Friday night home games beginning in January. The sleeves, which the Golden State Warriors featured a few times last season, are not a fan favorite, but they don't bother Tucker.
"I know a lot of guys don't like the sleeves, but I love the sleeves," he said. "More from a fan perspective, older people, younger kids, they don't really wear jerseys all the time. The shorter sleeves are kind of cool and the material is pretty soft, so I think people will like it."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.