Players love the new Phoenix Suns uniforms
Since their inception in 1968, the players on the court have fashioned only three different uniform styles.
Thursday night in Scottsdale, the Suns unveiled their new threads -- only their fourth uniform in their 45-year history. The players who strutted on the catwalk were unanimous in their praise of the team's new look.
"They're not really flashy, not too much. They're kind of old school," rookie center Alex Len said. "They're really classy, so I really like them."
Len wore the Suns' new home white jersey, which doesn't feature the franchise's staple color, purple. It's the first home uniform in team history not to have purple.
But the team also rolled out a new purple road jersey and the alternate orange sleeved jersey, an invention by adidas, the official uniform supplier of the NBA.
"I think we've got some of the best colors in the league," said forward P.J. Tucker, who modeled the purple jersey. "Now they've incorporated a little more black into them and the sleeved jerseys, I like them. It's pretty cool."
The Suns will be one of a handful of teams to wear the sleeved alternates in 2012-13. They'll start wearing them for Friday night home games beginning in January. The sleeves, which the Golden State Warriors featured a few times last season, are not a fan favorite, but they don't bother Tucker.
"I know a lot of guys don't like the sleeves, but I love the sleeves," he said. "More from a fan perspective, older people, younger kids, they don't really wear jerseys all the time. The shorter sleeves are kind of cool and the material is pretty soft, so I think people will like it."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?