Updated Aug 7, 2013 - 8:23 am
Michael Beasley did the Suns a favor
He left them without much of a choice.
Oh, I'm sure the new regime of the Suns takes zero delight in having to eat the salary doled out to this waste of time by the old regime. And it's never a good thing when a player on your roster is arrested for marijuana possession.
But after this latest exercise in stupidity there is no reason -- not a single one -- to justify keeping Beasley on the Suns roster. Bad player. Bad judgment. Bye-bye.
Beasley just made it so easy for the Suns to cut him I can't see a scenario in which they don't.
He's been nothing but a waste of time since Lance Blanks signed him to that risky contract and the argument could be made that he cost two popular figures with the Suns their jobs.
Alvin Gentry tried to make Beasley fit but couldn't. Dan Majerle didn't get the job, and Linsday Hunter did, based in part on the notion that Hunter could reach the unreachable Beasley. It was organizational advocacy all over again with a similar result.
The end result is a new front office that seems to have the sense of direction the previous one lacked. If that's the end result of the Beasley era, then perhaps we're all better off for it.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.