Updated Aug 7, 2013 - 8:23 am
Michael Beasley did the Suns a favor
He left them without much of a choice.
Oh, I'm sure the new regime of the Suns takes zero delight in having to eat the salary doled out to this waste of time by the old regime. And it's never a good thing when a player on your roster is arrested for marijuana possession.
But after this latest exercise in stupidity there is no reason -- not a single one -- to justify keeping Beasley on the Suns roster. Bad player. Bad judgment. Bye-bye.
Beasley just made it so easy for the Suns to cut him I can't see a scenario in which they don't.
He's been nothing but a waste of time since Lance Blanks signed him to that risky contract and the argument could be made that he cost two popular figures with the Suns their jobs.
Alvin Gentry tried to make Beasley fit but couldn't. Dan Majerle didn't get the job, and Linsday Hunter did, based in part on the notion that Hunter could reach the unreachable Beasley. It was organizational advocacy all over again with a similar result.
The end result is a new front office that seems to have the sense of direction the previous one lacked. If that's the end result of the Beasley era, then perhaps we're all better off for it.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.