Updated Aug 7, 2013 - 8:23 am
Michael Beasley did the Suns a favor
He left them without much of a choice.
Oh, I'm sure the new regime of the Suns takes zero delight in having to eat the salary doled out to this waste of time by the old regime. And it's never a good thing when a player on your roster is arrested for marijuana possession.
But after this latest exercise in stupidity there is no reason -- not a single one -- to justify keeping Beasley on the Suns roster. Bad player. Bad judgment. Bye-bye.
Beasley just made it so easy for the Suns to cut him I can't see a scenario in which they don't.
He's been nothing but a waste of time since Lance Blanks signed him to that risky contract and the argument could be made that he cost two popular figures with the Suns their jobs.
Alvin Gentry tried to make Beasley fit but couldn't. Dan Majerle didn't get the job, and Linsday Hunter did, based in part on the notion that Hunter could reach the unreachable Beasley. It was organizational advocacy all over again with a similar result.
The end result is a new front office that seems to have the sense of direction the previous one lacked. If that's the end result of the Beasley era, then perhaps we're all better off for it.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?