Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 8:26 pm
Suns GM: Players acquired in Luis Scola deal can contribute next year
While most of the focus on the Suns' return centered around the pick -- which would give the team up to three first-round selections in the 2014 NBA Draft -- general manager Ryan McDonough told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that he's also excited about what Green and Plumlee can bring to the roster in the short term.
"Miles Plumlee looked very good for the Pacers Summer League for the second year in a row," McDonough said. "He's a good rebounder going back to his days at Duke.
"I like his character, rebounding and athleticism and think he will fit right in."
Plumlee was the 26th overall pick in the first round by the Pacers in the 2012 NBA Draft, but only played in 14 games for a veteran-laden team that was one win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
Green, the other player the Suns received in the three-player deal, was also a victim of the Pacers' depth.
The sixth-veteran appeared in only nine of the team's 19 playoff games, but did average seven points a game during the regular season.
"We (Celtics) drafted him in summer of 2005," McDonough said. "He always had athleticism and scoring ability, but needed to mature, which he has.
"He had a very good year with the Nets two years ago, but didn't play well last year with the Pacers, which I think was a product of the system. An exciting athlete that can run shoot and jump. So yes, both guys can play significant roles next year."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.