Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 11:54 am
Reports: Suns, Pacers nearing Luis Scola trade
Luis Scola appears to be on the move.
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Scola's publicist, Juan Sebastia, in Argentina said his client was headed to the Indiana Pacers.
No official word from either team yet, but an announcement could come as early as Saturday.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro tweeted Saturday afternoon the package the Suns will receive in return for Scola.
The Suns deal is Scola for Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and a 2014 lottery protected first round pick— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Key to the deal is the pick. Not Plumlee or Green, neither are any good.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Green averaged 7.0 points and 2.4 rebounds for the Pacers last season.
Scola averaged 12.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season for the Suns.
The 33-year-old would help bolster the Pacers' bench, which didn't perform too well during the playoffs last year.
The power forward has two years, $9 million left on his contract. Prior to joining the Suns, Scola spent five seasons with the Houston Rockets.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea