Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 11:54 am
Reports: Suns, Pacers nearing Luis Scola trade
Luis Scola appears to be on the move.
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Scola's publicist, Juan Sebastia, in Argentina said his client was headed to the Indiana Pacers.
No official word from either team yet, but an announcement could come as early as Saturday.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro tweeted Saturday afternoon the package the Suns will receive in return for Scola.
The Suns deal is Scola for Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and a 2014 lottery protected first round pick— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Key to the deal is the pick. Not Plumlee or Green, neither are any good.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Green averaged 7.0 points and 2.4 rebounds for the Pacers last season.
Scola averaged 12.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season for the Suns.
The 33-year-old would help bolster the Pacers' bench, which didn't perform too well during the playoffs last year.
The power forward has two years, $9 million left on his contract. Prior to joining the Suns, Scola spent five seasons with the Houston Rockets.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni