Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 11:54 am
Reports: Suns, Pacers nearing Luis Scola trade
Luis Scola appears to be on the move.
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Scola's publicist, Juan Sebastia, in Argentina said his client was headed to the Indiana Pacers.
No official word from either team yet, but an announcement could come as early as Saturday.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro tweeted Saturday afternoon the package the Suns will receive in return for Scola.
The Suns deal is Scola for Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and a 2014 lottery protected first round pick— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Key to the deal is the pick. Not Plumlee or Green, neither are any good.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Green averaged 7.0 points and 2.4 rebounds for the Pacers last season.
Scola averaged 12.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season for the Suns.
The 33-year-old would help bolster the Pacers' bench, which didn't perform too well during the playoffs last year.
The power forward has two years, $9 million left on his contract. Prior to joining the Suns, Scola spent five seasons with the Houston Rockets.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.