Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 11:54 am
Reports: Suns, Pacers nearing Luis Scola trade
Luis Scola appears to be on the move.
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Scola's publicist, Juan Sebastia, in Argentina said his client was headed to the Indiana Pacers.
No official word from either team yet, but an announcement could come as early as Saturday.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro tweeted Saturday afternoon the package the Suns will receive in return for Scola.
The Suns deal is Scola for Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and a 2014 lottery protected first round pick— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Key to the deal is the pick. Not Plumlee or Green, neither are any good.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Green averaged 7.0 points and 2.4 rebounds for the Pacers last season.
Scola averaged 12.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season for the Suns.
The 33-year-old would help bolster the Pacers' bench, which didn't perform too well during the playoffs last year.
The power forward has two years, $9 million left on his contract. Prior to joining the Suns, Scola spent five seasons with the Houston Rockets.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?