Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 11:54 am
Reports: Suns, Pacers nearing Luis Scola trade
Luis Scola appears to be on the move.
According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Scola's publicist, Juan Sebastia, in Argentina said his client was headed to the Indiana Pacers.
No official word from either team yet, but an announcement could come as early as Saturday.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro tweeted Saturday afternoon the package the Suns will receive in return for Scola.
The Suns deal is Scola for Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and a 2014 lottery protected first round pick— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Key to the deal is the pick. Not Plumlee or Green, neither are any good.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2013
Green averaged 7.0 points and 2.4 rebounds for the Pacers last season.
Scola averaged 12.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season for the Suns.
The 33-year-old would help bolster the Pacers' bench, which didn't perform too well during the playoffs last year.
The power forward has two years, $9 million left on his contract. Prior to joining the Suns, Scola spent five seasons with the Houston Rockets.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.