Phoenix Suns to play Golden State for Summer League crown
But they could win a different kind of title Monday.
The Suns will take on the Golden State Warriors for the first-ever championship of the Las Vegas Summer League.
Phoenix (6-0) advanced to the title game with a 91-89 win over the Miami Heat Sunday at Thomas and Mack Center. Markieff Morris hit a driving shot with 21.8 seconds to go to break a 89-89 tie and send the Suns to the championship game.
P.J. Tucker paced Phoenix with 19 points.
"We're here, we might as well try to win it," Tucker told NBA TV following the game.
The Suns take on the Warriors Monday night at 6:00 p.m. for the Summer League crown.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.