Phoenix Suns to play Golden State for Summer League crown
But they could win a different kind of title Monday.
The Suns will take on the Golden State Warriors for the first-ever championship of the Las Vegas Summer League.
Phoenix (6-0) advanced to the title game with a 91-89 win over the Miami Heat Sunday at Thomas and Mack Center. Markieff Morris hit a driving shot with 21.8 seconds to go to break a 89-89 tie and send the Suns to the championship game.
P.J. Tucker paced Phoenix with 19 points.
"We're here, we might as well try to win it," Tucker told NBA TV following the game.
The Suns take on the Warriors Monday night at 6:00 p.m. for the Summer League crown.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.