Updated Jul 20, 2013 - 8:18 am
Suns coach Jeff Hornacek sees a role for Kendall Marshall
Marshall is part of the Suns' undefeated Las Vegas Summer League team and is still feeling his way around, averaging 7.0 points and 4.0 assists per contest.
Considering all the change that happened with the organization this past offseason -- from the hiring of a new general manager and head coach to the acquisition of guards Eric Bledsoe and Archie Goodwin -- many are wondering what Marshall's place with the Suns is moving forward.
Head coach Jeff Hornacek isn't definitive about it, but does see the former North Carolina star playing a role.
"We've talked about it," Hornacek told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Friday. "The first vision is to see Goran (Dragic) and Eric (Bledsoe) out there together, but you need some other point guards out there.
"If we're trying to be a fast-breaking team, sure there's a spot for him. You never know how the roster is going to shake out at the end of the year -- with guys at the two-spot also, but we'll figure that out."
While Marshall's Summer League numbers are very similar to the stats he posted last year (7.0 points, 6.5 assists per game), there is an area where Hornacek has noticed some improvement in the point guard's game.
"He's shooting the ball with confidence," Hornacek said. "We wouldn't have won the second game of the Summer League without him making two big threes at the end of the game."
Marshall is shooting both .444 from the field and three-point range, which is a stark improvement over his 2012-13 regular season percentages of .371 from the field and .315 from three-point territory.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.