Suns coach Hornacek sees a 'very talented' player in Archie Goodwin
And he's turning some heads.
The former Kentucky guard is averaging 11.8 points and 3.0 rebounds per game, and while his shoot has been inconsistent, his athletic ability has not been.
Recalling a play Goodwin made where he jumped off the opposite foot and blocked a shot with his weak hand, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said the 18-year-old is "very talented."
"He can fly up and down the court," he added. "You can see his speed and his ability. (When) he catches that ball out near the three point line on a fast break on the wing, it's a one dribble and dunk.
"He's had a couple of those."
Hornacek said his youngest player is "learning the game" but showing improvement, which is what the coaching staff likes to see.
Goodwin will be joining a fairly crowded backcourt. He was a point guard in college, but the Suns already have Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe and Kendall Marshall at the position. At 6-foot-5 and 198 pounds, there's a good chance Goodwin will see some time at the shooting guard position.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.