Suns coach Hornacek sees a 'very talented' player in Archie Goodwin
And he's turning some heads.
The former Kentucky guard is averaging 11.8 points and 3.0 rebounds per game, and while his shoot has been inconsistent, his athletic ability has not been.
Recalling a play Goodwin made where he jumped off the opposite foot and blocked a shot with his weak hand, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said the 18-year-old is "very talented."
"He can fly up and down the court," he added. "You can see his speed and his ability. (When) he catches that ball out near the three point line on a fast break on the wing, it's a one dribble and dunk.
"He's had a couple of those."
Hornacek said his youngest player is "learning the game" but showing improvement, which is what the coaching staff likes to see.
Goodwin will be joining a fairly crowded backcourt. He was a point guard in college, but the Suns already have Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe and Kendall Marshall at the position. At 6-foot-5 and 198 pounds, there's a good chance Goodwin will see some time at the shooting guard position.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?