Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 7:40 pm
Suns remain perfect, advance to third round of 2013 Summer League Championship
For the second time in five days, the Suns took down the Portland Trail Blazers 92-84 in the second round of the 2013 Summer League Championship Thursday night.
With the win, the Suns -- who outscored the Blazers by 20 in the second quarter -- improved to 4-0 in Summer League play and advanced to the third round of the newly-formatted tournament. They'll play the Toronto Raptors Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. MST inside the Thomas and Mack Center.
In Thursday's eight-point victory, Jeff Hornacek and Co. received a balanced offensive effort, as Markieff Morris and Dionte Christmas led the way with 15 points a piece.
Point guard Diante Garrett also had another impressive performance off the bench, scoring 14 points to go along with three assists.
First-round draft pick Archie Goodwin and P.J. Tucker also pitched in with 11 and 10 points respectively.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.