But I admit, I'm reaching for the Depends on Alex Len. In the very mortal words of Lane Staley, Scary is on the wall…scary is on his way.
Although the Suns firmly believe there will not be any issues from Len having two surgeries in two months to fix partial or preventative stress fractures in his feet, it makes me very leery.
At 7'1" and 255-pounds, with sweet feet, Alex Len is a specimen and has all the tools to grow into being a fine NBA center. The Suns believe he will be a huge part of an eventual turnaround here in the Basin and Ryan McDonough has done nothing to make me question his judgment, conviction and expertise.
But the kid is 20 years old. He's still growing. When you're talking about stress fractures in the ankles it causes consternation for even the optimist. The Suns are blessed to have an excellent trainer in Aaron Nelson and he has worked wonders for many Suns like Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal, but every man has his limitations.
I have never seen a 20-year-old with injury issues not have injury issues at 25 or 30. And that is a little scary. I'm not ready for the Depends, but pass the Imodium A-D, please.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.