But I admit, I'm reaching for the Depends on Alex Len. In the very mortal words of Lane Staley, Scary is on the wall…scary is on his way.
Although the Suns firmly believe there will not be any issues from Len having two surgeries in two months to fix partial or preventative stress fractures in his feet, it makes me very leery.
At 7'1" and 255-pounds, with sweet feet, Alex Len is a specimen and has all the tools to grow into being a fine NBA center. The Suns believe he will be a huge part of an eventual turnaround here in the Basin and Ryan McDonough has done nothing to make me question his judgment, conviction and expertise.
But the kid is 20 years old. He's still growing. When you're talking about stress fractures in the ankles it causes consternation for even the optimist. The Suns are blessed to have an excellent trainer in Aaron Nelson and he has worked wonders for many Suns like Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal, but every man has his limitations.
I have never seen a 20-year-old with injury issues not have injury issues at 25 or 30. And that is a little scary. I'm not ready for the Depends, but pass the Imodium A-D, please.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- AP Sportlight
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough: We'll play Eric Bledsoe when he can help us win, not for sake of playing him
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.