Report: Suns put Kendall Marshall on the trade block
Selected 13th overall by the Phoenix Suns in 2012, the North Carolina Tar Heel played in 48 games -- including three starts -- and averaged three points and three assists per game while shooting .371 from the field.
Already pegged to be a backup with Goran Dragic on the roster, Marshall's spot on the roster became a bit more tenuous when the team acquired point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Los Angeles Clippers. So, where does that leave Marshall?
According to NBA.com's Scott Howard-Cooper, squarely on the trade block.
Howard-Cooper spoke with league executives.
"He's out there," said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.
"They're trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up," another executive said here at Summer League. "If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He's basically the price of admission to any trade right now."
The 6-foot-4 guard is known for being an excellent passer, but his shot and athleticism have been called into question. And while the Suns are in rebuilding mode, given their current options at the position they may feel there is no need to wait to see if the 21-year-old can figure things out.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.