Report: Suns put Kendall Marshall on the trade block
Selected 13th overall by the Phoenix Suns in 2012, the North Carolina Tar Heel played in 48 games -- including three starts -- and averaged three points and three assists per game while shooting .371 from the field.
Already pegged to be a backup with Goran Dragic on the roster, Marshall's spot on the roster became a bit more tenuous when the team acquired point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Los Angeles Clippers. So, where does that leave Marshall?
According to NBA.com's Scott Howard-Cooper, squarely on the trade block.
Howard-Cooper spoke with league executives.
"He's out there," said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.
"They're trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up," another executive said here at Summer League. "If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He's basically the price of admission to any trade right now."
The 6-foot-4 guard is known for being an excellent passer, but his shot and athleticism have been called into question. And while the Suns are in rebuilding mode, given their current options at the position they may feel there is no need to wait to see if the 21-year-old can figure things out.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.