Report: Suns put Kendall Marshall on the trade block
Selected 13th overall by the Phoenix Suns in 2012, the North Carolina Tar Heel played in 48 games -- including three starts -- and averaged three points and three assists per game while shooting .371 from the field.
Already pegged to be a backup with Goran Dragic on the roster, Marshall's spot on the roster became a bit more tenuous when the team acquired point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Los Angeles Clippers. So, where does that leave Marshall?
According to NBA.com's Scott Howard-Cooper, squarely on the trade block.
Howard-Cooper spoke with league executives.
"He's out there," said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.
"They're trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up," another executive said here at Summer League. "If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He's basically the price of admission to any trade right now."
The 6-foot-4 guard is known for being an excellent passer, but his shot and athleticism have been called into question. And while the Suns are in rebuilding mode, given their current options at the position they may feel there is no need to wait to see if the 21-year-old can figure things out.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.