Report: Suns put Kendall Marshall on the trade block
Selected 13th overall by the Phoenix Suns in 2012, the North Carolina Tar Heel played in 48 games -- including three starts -- and averaged three points and three assists per game while shooting .371 from the field.
Already pegged to be a backup with Goran Dragic on the roster, Marshall's spot on the roster became a bit more tenuous when the team acquired point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Los Angeles Clippers. So, where does that leave Marshall?
According to NBA.com's Scott Howard-Cooper, squarely on the trade block.
Howard-Cooper spoke with league executives.
"He's out there," said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.
"They're trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up," another executive said here at Summer League. "If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He's basically the price of admission to any trade right now."
The 6-foot-4 guard is known for being an excellent passer, but his shot and athleticism have been called into question. And while the Suns are in rebuilding mode, given their current options at the position they may feel there is no need to wait to see if the 21-year-old can figure things out.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.