Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Phoenix Suns sign draft pick Archie Goodwin
The terms of the deal have not yet been released.
The Suns acquired the rights to Goodwin -- the 29th overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft -- along with Malcolm Lee from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for the 30th overall pick.
Goodwin, 18, played one season at the University of Kentucky, averaging 14.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists while earning Freshman All-SEC honors. He was also adept at driving the lane and drawing fouls: His 212 free throw attempts last season led the SEC.
A shooting guard in college, the 6-foot-5 Goodwin also may play the point for the Suns. He will compete for playing time among a backcourt that includes leading-scorer Goran Dragic, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, Diante Garrett, newly acquired Eric Bledsoe and possibly Wesley Johnson, if re-signed.
Coach Jeff Hornacek has said Goodwin will be an asset when the Suns run open offensive sets.
Goodwin is expected to make his NBA debut with the Suns' Las Vegas Summer League squad on Saturday.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.