Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Phoenix Suns sign draft pick Archie Goodwin
The terms of the deal have not yet been released.
The Suns acquired the rights to Goodwin -- the 29th overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft -- along with Malcolm Lee from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for the 30th overall pick.
Goodwin, 18, played one season at the University of Kentucky, averaging 14.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists while earning Freshman All-SEC honors. He was also adept at driving the lane and drawing fouls: His 212 free throw attempts last season led the SEC.
A shooting guard in college, the 6-foot-5 Goodwin also may play the point for the Suns. He will compete for playing time among a backcourt that includes leading-scorer Goran Dragic, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, Diante Garrett, newly acquired Eric Bledsoe and possibly Wesley Johnson, if re-signed.
Coach Jeff Hornacek has said Goodwin will be an asset when the Suns run open offensive sets.
Goodwin is expected to make his NBA debut with the Suns' Las Vegas Summer League squad on Saturday.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.