Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:05 pm
Suns' Hornacek preparing to coach summer league
Phoenix Suns' first-year head coach Jeff Hornacek is ready to get his feet wet in the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League, beginning Saturday.
Hornacek, who will be coaching the games for the Suns, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Wednesday that preparation for the tournament has gone smoothly.
"It's been great," Hornacek said. "We've had three practices so far with the guys and just trying to put some of our early offense in, some of those things. Markieff and Marcus [Morris] are here, Kendall [Marshall], Diante [Garrett] P.J. [Tucker]. So it's great to get going with some of the stuff we'll be using in the regular season."
Hornacek said he's excited to see how his players perform once they see game action.
"These guys have worked tremendously hard these three practices, which I am encouraged by," Hornacek stated. "So it's great to get at it. We have two more days of this and then we finally get to play a few games so I think they're all looking forward to it."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.