Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 5:18 pm
Phoenix Suns trade Jared Dudley to Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler
According to reports, the team has shipped forward Jared Dudley to the Los Angeles Clippers in a three-way deal involving L.A. and Milwaukee that will bring point guard Eric Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler to the Valley. Reports say the Suns are also parting with a second round draft pick.
Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and JJ Redick to the Clippers and 2 2nd-round picks to Bucks, sources tell Y— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 2, 2013
Bledsoe, 23, averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game for the Clippers last season.
Selected 18th in the 2010 draft, Bledsoe has one year left on his contract before becoming a restricted free agent. Though mostly a reserve for Los Angeles, Bledsoe averaged 14.2 points, 5.3 assists, 4.8 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 12 games as a starter last season.
Butler, 33, poured in 10.4 points and 2.9 rebounds per night last season, and has one year remaining on a contract he signed prior to the 2011-12 campaign. A two-time All-Star, he has career averages of 15.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Dudley, 27, was originally acquired from the Charlotte Bobcats during the 2008-09 season, and from there established himself as one of the better defenders and three point shooters in the NBA.
Last season, Dudley averaged 10.9 points and 3.1 rebounds per game while shooting .468 from the field and .391 from three-point range.
Lob city just got better!!! Lol— Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) July 2, 2013
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?