Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 5:18 pm
Phoenix Suns trade Jared Dudley to Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler
According to reports, the team has shipped forward Jared Dudley to the Los Angeles Clippers in a three-way deal involving L.A. and Milwaukee that will bring point guard Eric Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler to the Valley. Reports say the Suns are also parting with a second round draft pick.
Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and JJ Redick to the Clippers and 2 2nd-round picks to Bucks, sources tell Y— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 2, 2013
Bledsoe, 23, averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game for the Clippers last season.
Selected 18th in the 2010 draft, Bledsoe has one year left on his contract before becoming a restricted free agent. Though mostly a reserve for Los Angeles, Bledsoe averaged 14.2 points, 5.3 assists, 4.8 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 12 games as a starter last season.
Butler, 33, poured in 10.4 points and 2.9 rebounds per night last season, and has one year remaining on a contract he signed prior to the 2011-12 campaign. A two-time All-Star, he has career averages of 15.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Dudley, 27, was originally acquired from the Charlotte Bobcats during the 2008-09 season, and from there established himself as one of the better defenders and three point shooters in the NBA.
Last season, Dudley averaged 10.9 points and 3.1 rebounds per game while shooting .468 from the field and .391 from three-point range.
Lob city just got better!!! Lol— Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) July 2, 2013
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?