Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 8:35 am
Suns select Kentucky guard Archie Goodwin with No. 29 overall pick
The Suns acquired the No. 29 pick, Goodwin, along with guard Malcolm Lee in a trade with the Golden State Warriors.
During his freshman season, Goodwin led Kentucky with 14.1 points per game. The 6-foot-4 guard also averaged 4.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game during his lone year in Lexington. He earned Freshman All-SEC honors, and his 466 total points were the 10th-most scored by a Kentucky freshman.
The selection of Goodwin, a McDonald's All-American in 2012, marks the second time in as many years the Suns have used a first-round pick on a point guard (Kendall Marshall, 2012).
Goodwin was the second Kentucky player (Nerlens Noel) selected in the first round of the 2013 NBA Draft, and the 13th Wildcat to be taken in the top 30 since 2010.
Lee has played in just 35 games in two seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves after they acquired him in a draft night trade with the Chicago Bulls in 2011. The 6-foot-5 shooting guard did start 12 games for Minnesota last season, and averaged 5.4 points and 2.8 rebounds per game in that role.
Lee had surgery on his right hip and right knee in January.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.