Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 9:50 pm
Kerr would pick Oladipo over McLemore
That scenario would be if Indiana guard Victor Oladipo and Kansas guard Ben McLemore are both still available.
Oladipo is considered by many draft pundits to be the most NBA-ready player in the draft, where McLemore is considered to have the most talent and potential.
For a team with as many holes to fill as the Suns, neither would be a bad choice.
Former Suns General Manager and current TNT Analyst Steve Kerr told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday who he would choose if he had the first pick in the draft.
"My favorite player is Oladipo from Indiana," Kerr stated. "I love his defensive energy and athleticism and I think he will be a better shooter than he is now.
"Guys improve their shot and Kawhi Leonard is a perfect example of that. He shot 27% from three in school at San Diego State and now is at 40 plus."
Oladipo's shot improved from 47% his sophomore year to a tick under 60% his junior year from the field.
"He has the potential to be an All-Star and he will have to go and earn that," Kerr said.
If Oladipo is a certainty to be a good NBA player, then McLemore should be considered the enigma of the draft.
Skill is not a question with McLemore, but his ability to take over games has been.
"He has a lot of skill and talent, but he is just a kid and does not have a lot of experience," Kerr said.
McLemore played just one season at Kansas compared to Oladipo who played three seasons at Indiana.
"You just don't know what you are getting in terms of being a gamer or competitor and that is why I would put Oladipo ahead of him," Kerr stated.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.