Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 9:50 pm
Kerr would pick Oladipo over McLemore
That scenario would be if Indiana guard Victor Oladipo and Kansas guard Ben McLemore are both still available.
Oladipo is considered by many draft pundits to be the most NBA-ready player in the draft, where McLemore is considered to have the most talent and potential.
For a team with as many holes to fill as the Suns, neither would be a bad choice.
Former Suns General Manager and current TNT Analyst Steve Kerr told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday who he would choose if he had the first pick in the draft.
"My favorite player is Oladipo from Indiana," Kerr stated. "I love his defensive energy and athleticism and I think he will be a better shooter than he is now.
"Guys improve their shot and Kawhi Leonard is a perfect example of that. He shot 27% from three in school at San Diego State and now is at 40 plus."
Oladipo's shot improved from 47% his sophomore year to a tick under 60% his junior year from the field.
"He has the potential to be an All-Star and he will have to go and earn that," Kerr said.
If Oladipo is a certainty to be a good NBA player, then McLemore should be considered the enigma of the draft.
Skill is not a question with McLemore, but his ability to take over games has been.
"He has a lot of skill and talent, but he is just a kid and does not have a lot of experience," Kerr said.
McLemore played just one season at Kansas compared to Oladipo who played three seasons at Indiana.
"You just don't know what you are getting in terms of being a gamer or competitor and that is why I would put Oladipo ahead of him," Kerr stated.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.