Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 2:42 pm
It's official: Phoenix Suns release new logos
Two of the logos, the familiar 'PHX' bird logo and the revamped wordmark were technically revealed last season when the team redesigned their playing floor at US Airways Center.
But the primary logo, the box sunburst look that has been a symbol of the team in some form since its inception in 1968, looks a little different. That design doesn't feature any purple, a decision that could draw criticism from fans.
A fourth logo, a stylized 'S' logo with an intertwined sunburst was also introduced.
On their official website, the team also leaked a portion of a uniform redesign. About a quarter of a purple jersey appears with the 'S' logo above the nameplate. The Suns are expected to unveil their new uniforms in September.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.