Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 2:42 pm
It's official: Phoenix Suns release new logos
Two of the logos, the familiar 'PHX' bird logo and the revamped wordmark were technically revealed last season when the team redesigned their playing floor at US Airways Center.
But the primary logo, the box sunburst look that has been a symbol of the team in some form since its inception in 1968, looks a little different. That design doesn't feature any purple, a decision that could draw criticism from fans.
A fourth logo, a stylized 'S' logo with an intertwined sunburst was also introduced.
On their official website, the team also leaked a portion of a uniform redesign. About a quarter of a purple jersey appears with the 'S' logo above the nameplate. The Suns are expected to unveil their new uniforms in September.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.