Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 2:42 pm
It's official: Phoenix Suns release new logos
Two of the logos, the familiar 'PHX' bird logo and the revamped wordmark were technically revealed last season when the team redesigned their playing floor at US Airways Center.
But the primary logo, the box sunburst look that has been a symbol of the team in some form since its inception in 1968, looks a little different. That design doesn't feature any purple, a decision that could draw criticism from fans.
A fourth logo, a stylized 'S' logo with an intertwined sunburst was also introduced.
On their official website, the team also leaked a portion of a uniform redesign. About a quarter of a purple jersey appears with the 'S' logo above the nameplate. The Suns are expected to unveil their new uniforms in September.
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.