Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 2:42 pm
It's official: Phoenix Suns release new logos
Two of the logos, the familiar 'PHX' bird logo and the revamped wordmark were technically revealed last season when the team redesigned their playing floor at US Airways Center.
But the primary logo, the box sunburst look that has been a symbol of the team in some form since its inception in 1968, looks a little different. That design doesn't feature any purple, a decision that could draw criticism from fans.
A fourth logo, a stylized 'S' logo with an intertwined sunburst was also introduced.
On their official website, the team also leaked a portion of a uniform redesign. About a quarter of a purple jersey appears with the 'S' logo above the nameplate. The Suns are expected to unveil their new uniforms in September.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.