Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 9:51 pm
ESPN Insider: Oladipo and McLemore should both be gone when Suns pick
The chances of that happening, however, are small according to one NBA insider.
"I see both of those guys, in all likelihood, gone by five," ESPN's Tom Penn told Dave Burns and John Gambadoro Wednesday on Arizona Sports 620.
Gambadoro outlined a scenario which was relayed to him by a high-ranking NBA executive that had McLemore being taken by the Orlando Magic with the number-two pick and Oladipo being nabbed by the Charlotte Bobcats at number four. Penn agreed that neither would be available for Phoenix.
"Oladipo's the safest pick. He's going to hit his ceiling, okay, he's going to max out whatever he's got. The only question is how high is that ceiling going to be, but he's the best worker in the draft, highest character, sure thing for whatever he is," Penn said. "And McLemore is the best talent. So he's got the highest ceiling, where you're taking a little risk, get him into a good system, get him structured and he could be the best player in this whole draft."
For those reasons, Penn has both players being taken in the first four selections. So what does that leave for the Suns at number five?
"In the scenarios we're talking about, you get into (UNLV forward Anthony) Bennett and you get into (Georgetown forward Otto) Porter -- he's a solid pick, he's going to be a good NBA player, a 10-year NBA player," Penn said. "I think in that scenario, I might take Otto Porter."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.