Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 8:24 am
If it comes to it, Suns should pick Ben McLemore over Victor Oladipo
McLemore has two elite qualities. He is flat-out amazing athletically and he has a great stroke. Those are two really good qualities. Now you've probably heard rumblings about McLemore lacking passion and competitiveness. Don't buy it. The kid competes hard.
What he doesn't have is a takeover mentality and there is a simple explanation to that -- he doesn't have a takeover game. He has to rely on guards to get him the ball and his shots. He doesn't dominate the ball the way a Victor Oladipo does.
Now I love Oladipo, and he would be a great pick. My comparison to him is not Dwyane Wade but a miniature Jason Richardson. Oladipo is an undersized two-guard, but he has a great motor, is highly-skilled, athletic and tough.
The difference between McLemore and Oladipo right now is that Oladipo is a man and McLemore is a naive kid. Out of the gate, Oladipo will be better, more productive. But McLemore has way more upside.
There is a chance both could be there when the Suns pick, although I'm a little concerned about Orlando throwing a monkey wrench in the draft by taking McLemore.
But if both are there, McLemore should be the pick.
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.