Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Otto Porter Jr.
Otto Porter - Georgetown - Small forward
Porter hails from southeast Missouri, and is a product of Scott County Central High School. While in high school, Porter helped lead his school to three straight state titles before graduating in 2011.
The small town kid went from a graduating class consisting of 32 people to a prominent university where he put his talents on display.
The Georgetown small forward spent two seasons with the Hoyas. In Porter's freshman campaign, he averaged 9.7 points and a team-leading 6.8 rebounds in 33 games -- eight of which he started. In his sophomore season, he averaged 16.2 points and 7.5 rebounds per game, while shooting 48 percent from the floor and 42.2 percent from downtown.
He averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds in his two years at the collegiate level. Porter was a first team All-American and the Big East Player of the Year in 2012-13.
Porter isn't flashy, but he's versatile. The 6-foot-9, 198-pounder can be a scoring threat from the field and three-point range, he can rebound the ball with ease, and is a strong defensive-minded player.
Porter Highlight Video
Scouting Report Snippets
Chad Ford of ESPN has Porter rated as the top small forward and third-best overall prospect in this year's draft. Ford lauds Porter's ball-handling ability, midrange game, unselfish passing and elite defensive skills. Like many other prospects, Ford points out that Porter needs to get stronger at the NBA level and can disappear at times on the offensive end.
Draft Express praises Porter for progressing to a go-to player for the Hoyas in his sophomore season. Porter played more minutes and had more responsibility on the court, but still delivered impressive numbers in each area of the game.
Otto Porter Jr. Scouting Video
Porter Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Porter did not work out with the Suns in preparation for the 2013 NBA Draft.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.