Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Otto Porter Jr.
Otto Porter - Georgetown - Small forward
Porter hails from southeast Missouri, and is a product of Scott County Central High School. While in high school, Porter helped lead his school to three straight state titles before graduating in 2011.
The small town kid went from a graduating class consisting of 32 people to a prominent university where he put his talents on display.
The Georgetown small forward spent two seasons with the Hoyas. In Porter's freshman campaign, he averaged 9.7 points and a team-leading 6.8 rebounds in 33 games -- eight of which he started. In his sophomore season, he averaged 16.2 points and 7.5 rebounds per game, while shooting 48 percent from the floor and 42.2 percent from downtown.
He averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds in his two years at the collegiate level. Porter was a first team All-American and the Big East Player of the Year in 2012-13.
Porter isn't flashy, but he's versatile. The 6-foot-9, 198-pounder can be a scoring threat from the field and three-point range, he can rebound the ball with ease, and is a strong defensive-minded player.
Porter Highlight Video
Scouting Report Snippets
Chad Ford of ESPN has Porter rated as the top small forward and third-best overall prospect in this year's draft. Ford lauds Porter's ball-handling ability, midrange game, unselfish passing and elite defensive skills. Like many other prospects, Ford points out that Porter needs to get stronger at the NBA level and can disappear at times on the offensive end.
Draft Express praises Porter for progressing to a go-to player for the Hoyas in his sophomore season. Porter played more minutes and had more responsibility on the court, but still delivered impressive numbers in each area of the game.
Otto Porter Jr. Scouting Video
Porter Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Porter did not work out with the Suns in preparation for the 2013 NBA Draft.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.