Updated Jun 27, 2013 - 5:54 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
Alex Len - Maryland - Center
Len is a prospect whose stock has risen substantially late in the process. In fact, there are several analysts who believe that the Maryland center will be the first overall choice in Thursday's draft.
The 7-foot-1 Ukrainian earned honorable mention All-ACC and was a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team after leading the conference in blocked shots, at 2.1 per game.
Len didn't dominate offensively, averaging only 11.9 points per game (second on team) and only had two 20-point games during the 2012-13 for a Terrapins squad that went 25-13 and advanced to the semifinals of the postseason NIT.
Len Highlight Video
Scouting Report Snippets
Chad Ford of ESPN points out Len's good touch around the basket, post-passing ability and shot-blocking prowess as strengths in his game. But he adds that Len needs to get stronger, can float on both ends of the floor and questions his toughness.
Draft Express applauds Len's fundamentals, soft hands, touch and his physical profile. They cite his ability to finish in the post, footwork and his left hand as areas that need improvement.
Alex Len Scouting Video
Alex Len Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Alex Len visited with the Suns June 5, but did not work out because he's recovering from an ankle injury.
- McDonough: Len's Maryland teammates held him back
- Babby: Alex Len was Ryan McDonough's choice
- Alex Len 2013 NBA Draft Scouting Report
- Burns: Wanted McLemore but will give Suns a chance
- Green: Len an underwhelming pick
- Suns GM : 'When Alex was there, decision was clear'
- Alex Len anxious to get to work with Suns
- Hornacek, Suns thrilled to get Alex Len
- Len's girlfriend records video from draft room
- Alex Len 2012-2013 highlights
- Reaction to Suns' selection of Alex Len
- Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
- Suns select C Alex Len
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.