Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:37 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Michael Carter-Williams
Michael Carter-Williams - Syracuse - Point Guard
Michael Carter-Williams was the 29th-best high school prospect in the class of 2011 according to Rivals.com, but didn't make an immediate impact in his first year at Syracuse.
As a freshman, the 6-foot-6 guard played in 26 games, but only averaged 10 minutes per contest for head coach Jim Boeheim.
Carter-Williams showed immediate improvement as a sophomore, scoring 17 points while handing out four assists and coming up with five steals in a convincing neutral court win over San Diego State in the season opener.
In 2012-13, Carter-Williams had 11 games with 10 or more assists and his 7.3 assists per game ranked third in the nation.
He was the floor general for a Syracuse squad that advanced to the Final Four for the first time since 2003.
Carter-Williams Highlight Mix:
Scouting Report Snippets
• Chad Ford of ESPN hails Carter-Williams as great ball handler with a quick first step who can score from anywhere on the floor. On the down side, like many young college athletes, Ford believes Carter-Williams needs to get stronger to succeed in the NBA and could use some work on his three-point shooting (he shot just 29 percent from behind the arc as a sophomore.)
• Draft Express knocks Carter-Williams' turnover rate (which is the second-worst among point guards in the draft) and his ability as a shooter, citing that he hit only 26.2 percent of his pull-up jumpers and 28 percent off the catch.
Michael Carter-Williams Scouting Video
Michael Carter-Williams Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Michael Carter-Williams worked out for the Suns June 6 and tweeted June 23 about a second visit to the Valley.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.