Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:37 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Michael Carter-Williams
Michael Carter-Williams - Syracuse - Point Guard
Michael Carter-Williams was the 29th-best high school prospect in the class of 2011 according to Rivals.com, but didn't make an immediate impact in his first year at Syracuse.
As a freshman, the 6-foot-6 guard played in 26 games, but only averaged 10 minutes per contest for head coach Jim Boeheim.
Carter-Williams showed immediate improvement as a sophomore, scoring 17 points while handing out four assists and coming up with five steals in a convincing neutral court win over San Diego State in the season opener.
In 2012-13, Carter-Williams had 11 games with 10 or more assists and his 7.3 assists per game ranked third in the nation.
He was the floor general for a Syracuse squad that advanced to the Final Four for the first time since 2003.
Carter-Williams Highlight Mix:
Scouting Report Snippets
• Chad Ford of ESPN hails Carter-Williams as great ball handler with a quick first step who can score from anywhere on the floor. On the down side, like many young college athletes, Ford believes Carter-Williams needs to get stronger to succeed in the NBA and could use some work on his three-point shooting (he shot just 29 percent from behind the arc as a sophomore.)
• Draft Express knocks Carter-Williams' turnover rate (which is the second-worst among point guards in the draft) and his ability as a shooter, citing that he hit only 26.2 percent of his pull-up jumpers and 28 percent off the catch.
Michael Carter-Williams Scouting Video
Michael Carter-Williams Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Michael Carter-Williams worked out for the Suns June 6 and tweeted June 23 about a second visit to the Valley.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.