Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:27 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Trey Burke
Trey Burke - Michigan - Point Guard
Trey Burke, the 6-foot-1 guard out of Michigan, not only had the best sophomore season of any prospect going into this year's draft, but arguably the best season any prospect had in 2012-13.
In his second collegiate season, Burke improved in almost every major statistical category: points (18.6 per game), assists (6.7 per game), field goal percentage (46.3), three-point percentage (38.4), turnovers (2.2) en route to winning the AP, Naismith and Wooden Awards as the nation's best college player.
With Burke leading the way, the Wolverines made it to the 2013 National Championship Game for the first time since 1993.
Burke Highlight Mix:
Scouting Report Snippets
• Chad Ford of ESPN points out that Burke is a strong, physical guard who distributes the basketball well and can get to the basket with ease. He's also a proficient shooter who scores well off the dribble or on the perimeter. While Burke's size is a bit of a concern, Ford said the Michigan guard's biggest weakness heading into the NBA is his defensive intensity.
• Draft Express ranked Burke as the top point guard prospect in a class that features Michael Carter-Williams and C.J. McCollum, and noted that he has a pull-up jump shot on par with 2012-13 Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard.
Trey Burke Scouting Video
Trey Burke Draft Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
"You can tell he works hard, he's got a nice shot and a great ball handle. In the little pick-and-rolls we did, you can tell he knows how to handle those. He's able to get around guys and he holds guys off from tape that you see." -- Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.