Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 1:34 pm
ESPN: Charles Barkley's '93 playoff run one of top-50 postseason performances of all-time
It was a disappointing end to a magical season and an outstanding playoff run from that year's league MVP, Charles Barkley.
In fact, ESPN's Kevin Pelton, in an ESPN Insider piece, ranked Sir Charles' postseason effort as the 33rd-best of all-time.
The Round Mound of Rebound averaged 26.6 points, 13.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.0 blocks and 1.6 steals over the course of 24 games.
After Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Barkley told Ahmad Rashad that God wanted the Suns to beat the Chicago Bulls. Alas, neither divine intervention nor one of the best playoff efforts by a Finals loser could prevent the Bulls from completing their first three-peat. Earlier in the playoffs, Barkley hit a buzzer-beater to complete a 4-2 series win over San Antonio and came through with 44 points and 24 points in the deciding Game 7 of the Western Conference finals against Seattle, one of three 40-plus efforts from Barkley during the postseason.
Indeed, Barkley was outstanding that entire season, and while the Suns failing to win the title certainly left a sour taste in the mouths of Valley sports fans, his efforts are certainly worth recognizing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?