Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 12:30 pm
It was 20 years ago today
And once again, we see just how transient our market is. When I tweeted and facebooked about the anniversary this morning, much of the reaction came from elated Chicago fans who were more than happy to relive the moment.
As with most Suns fans I can tell you exactly where I was when it all went down. New York City. In a dorm room on the campus of NYU while taking part in an internship with CBS Sports. The next morning my boss greeted me with a joke about Danny Ainge not covering Paxson.
A joke that's been regurgitated for 20 years.
Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum recently wrote that he considers the '93 Finals to be the best of all-time. Perhaps it was. And perhaps that title will be stolen Thursday night when the Spurs and Heat clash in Game 7.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.