Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 12:30 pm
It was 20 years ago today
And once again, we see just how transient our market is. When I tweeted and facebooked about the anniversary this morning, much of the reaction came from elated Chicago fans who were more than happy to relive the moment.
As with most Suns fans I can tell you exactly where I was when it all went down. New York City. In a dorm room on the campus of NYU while taking part in an internship with CBS Sports. The next morning my boss greeted me with a joke about Danny Ainge not covering Paxson.
A joke that's been regurgitated for 20 years.
Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum recently wrote that he considers the '93 Finals to be the best of all-time. Perhaps it was. And perhaps that title will be stolen Thursday night when the Spurs and Heat clash in Game 7.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?