Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 12:30 pm
It was 20 years ago today
And once again, we see just how transient our market is. When I tweeted and facebooked about the anniversary this morning, much of the reaction came from elated Chicago fans who were more than happy to relive the moment.
As with most Suns fans I can tell you exactly where I was when it all went down. New York City. In a dorm room on the campus of NYU while taking part in an internship with CBS Sports. The next morning my boss greeted me with a joke about Danny Ainge not covering Paxson.
A joke that's been regurgitated for 20 years.
Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum recently wrote that he considers the '93 Finals to be the best of all-time. Perhaps it was. And perhaps that title will be stolen Thursday night when the Spurs and Heat clash in Game 7.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org