Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 12:30 pm
It was 20 years ago today
And once again, we see just how transient our market is. When I tweeted and facebooked about the anniversary this morning, much of the reaction came from elated Chicago fans who were more than happy to relive the moment.
As with most Suns fans I can tell you exactly where I was when it all went down. New York City. In a dorm room on the campus of NYU while taking part in an internship with CBS Sports. The next morning my boss greeted me with a joke about Danny Ainge not covering Paxson.
A joke that's been regurgitated for 20 years.
Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum recently wrote that he considers the '93 Finals to be the best of all-time. Perhaps it was. And perhaps that title will be stolen Thursday night when the Spurs and Heat clash in Game 7.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?