Updated Jun 16, 2013 - 2:59 pm
Ryan McDonough gives new Suns' assistant GM high praise
Saturday, McDonough was asked about Pat Connelly, who along with Trevor Bukstein will work as an assistant general manager with the Suns, and the 33-year-old gave a glowing review.
"Pat brings a wealth of scouting knowledge at all levels," McDonough said. "I've been around the world with Pat scouting, and all over Europe at different locations. He knows the college guys, he knows the high school guys. He's been watching players a long time at different levels."
Connelly previously worked from 2006-2013 with the Washington Wizards, including the past two seasons as the team's VP of Player Personnel. Before his time with the Wizards, the Suns new assistant GM served as a graduate assistant for Baylor and as an assistant coach for the Brighton Bears out of the British League.
"For me, it was important to bring in somebody as I talked about at my introductory press conference who is a master evaluator and a worldwide scout who knows all the players at different levels and can compare them," said McDonough. "I think Pat's one of the better guys in the NBA, if not the world at doing that."
McDonough noted that while he never worked directly with Connelly in the past, from their limited conversations on the road, he was impressed by the Baltimore native's knowledge and work ethic.
Connelly's older brother, Tim, currently holds the same position with the New Orleans Pelicans under Del Demps.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.