No player on the Suns is untouchable
No disrespect intended... but I am about to disrespect an entire roster full of basketball players.
There is not one player on the Suns roster I wouldn't trade right now. Not one. They're all touchable.
Marcin Gortat? You can have him. Jared Dudley? You bet. Goran Dragic, for as good as he was last year? Sure if that's what it takes. Michael Beasley? Pretty please.
When I read this rumor on our site that the Suns would be interested in dealing Gortat to Portland if Cody Zeller is there at #10, I couldn't rubber stamp it fast enough.
Truth is, I think the Suns roster has a few guys that might appeal to teams who are fringe playoff teams. It's a roster filled with good role players, which clearly makes for a poor basketball team when that's all you have. But one of those players, added to a roster that already has better, established talent and now you're talking.
It's not that I hate Gortat. He's fine, but not for the money he'll want in a year. It's not that I love Zeller. He's a guy with skills that I'm not sure translates in the NBA. But it's time for a reboot and to give the new GM some toys to play with.
I want to see what Ryan McDonough can do with a late lottery pick. That's where he seems to work his magic; finding the guys who can actually equate to value in this league.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org