Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 9:04 am
Phoenix Suns to add Mark West and Jerry Sichting to coaching staff
From that point, one of Hornacek's tasks has been to assemble a staff, and Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro is reporting the team will be adding Mark West and Jerry Sichting as assistant coaches.
West, who played for the Suns from 1988-1994 and then again in 1999-2000, has been a member of the team's front office since 2001. A teammate of Hornacek's when the two were in Phoenix, the 52-year-old has served as the team's Vice President of Player Programs since March 2006. This will be his first stint as an NBA assistant coach.
That is not the case for Sichting, though, as he comes to Phoenix after spending last season with the Washington Wizards. Prior to that stint, Sichting also spent time as an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. A graduate of Purdue, the 56-year-old played 10 seasons in the NBA, averaging 6.9 points and 3.3 assists per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?