Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 5:56 pm
Michigan's Trey Burke works out for Phoenix Suns
And most of those prospects will have gone through workouts for general manager Ryan McDonough and head coach Jeff Hornacek at US Airways Center this week.
Seven more prospects were in town Thursday, including Michigan guard Trey Burke, college basketball's National Player of the Year in 2012-13.
While the six other players worked out together, Burke had an individual workout for Suns brass.
"Coach Hornacek pushed me," Burke told the media following his session. "It's tougher working out by yourself than it is with a group, but it definitely went great."
Burke, a 6-1 point guard who led the Wolverines to the NCAA Championship Game, says he'll have to get used to individual workouts. He'll be participating in similar sessions in Sacramento and New Orleans.
"I wouldn't mind competing with a group, but my agent told me that he thinks it's best for me to compete by myself," he said. "I really don't have a lot to gain by competing with others."
Despite any difficulties an individual workout can present, Burke impressed Hornacek.
"You can tell he works hard, he's got a nice shot and a great ball handle," the rookie head coach said. "In the little pick-and-rolls we did, you can tell he knows how to handle those. He's able to get around guys and he holds guys off from tape that you see."
Burke is projected to be a lottery pick, but due to the uncertain nature of this year's draft, he has no feel for where he'll end up playing pro ball.
"Anywhere from two to eight or two to nine," he said. "I really don't know. I'm pretty much in the same position as everyone else -- you really don't know until the draft or until you get some big news, so I'll keep working out and keep trying to get better.
"Wherever I go, I'm going to try to come right in, make an impact and try to help the team win."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.