Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 5:52 pm
Victor Oladipo talks about his workout with the Suns
When the Suns are on the clock with the fifth selection on June 27, their number one priority should be to draft the best available player, regardless of position.
Luckily for them, they may have the perfect player fall right into their laps.
That player is 6-foot-5 guard Victor Oladipo out of Indiana. After working out with the Suns on Wednesday, Oladipo joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf to discuss how his workout with the Suns went.
"I feel like I did pretty good," Oladipo said. "I went out and competed and felt like I became a better player than yesterday.
"We did a lot of shooting and a little bit of competing, I enjoyed it and hope to come back."
Oladipo played three years at Indiana. His numbers improved each year in every offensive category and he developed into one of the top defenders in college basketball.
"My biggest thing I learned in college was learning to fight through adversity at Indiana," Oladipo stated on his time in Bloomington.
With the Suns in rebuilding mode, Oladipo's ability to fight through adversity could serve Phoenix well.
"The Suns have a good program on the rise," Oladipo said on how he fits with the Suns. "Their style of play fits me well and I am familiar with their coach.
"I know about him (Jeff Hornacek) well history-wise. He was a really good player in Utah and I connected with him on a personal level earlier today."
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.