Updated Jun 4, 2013 - 8:29 am
Shabazz Muhammad in Phoenix for work out with Suns
UCLA prospect Shabazz Muhammad tweeted out that he had arrived in Phoenix Monday night.
Finally in phoenix, now I can sprint to my hotel and watch the rest of the game !!!!!— shabazz muhammad (@phenom15balla) June 4, 2013
Muhammad, who has been rumored as a potential fit for the Suns, is presumably in town to work out for the team.
The former UCLA guard was a McDonald's All-American coming out of Bishop Gorman High School when he chose to attend UCLA. During his only year in school, he led the Bruins in scoring with 17.9 PPG and helped the team get to the NCAA tournament.
Muhammad is projected to be a mid-to-late first round pick. He is a very proficient scorer and can play either guard or the small forward position in the NBA.
Keeping him out of the lottery is his one dimensional style of play, according to an Eastern Conference executive.
Questions about Muhammad's attitude and one-dimensional play linger. "He just doesn't do a lot of things," an Eastern Conference executive said. "If he's not a great scorer, he doesn't help you much." The Bucks ranked 21st points per possession this season, so a productive Muhammad will help.
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the NBA Draft, which is set to take place on June 27.
- Your Top Plays for Today
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.