Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Rudy Gobert to work out for Phoenix Suns
Sacramento. ----->phoenix instagram.com/p/aHXpltN-xB/— rudy gobert (@rudygobert15) June 3, 2013
Gobert, a 7-foot-2 center from France, is the 11th- ranked prospect in this year's draft, according to draftexpress.com.
Offensively, Gobert was not a very prolific option for Cholet this season, being responsible for just 9.3% of their total offensive possessions and scoring 14.7 points per-40 minutes, but being incredibly efficient in the looks he did receive. He made an outrageous 74% of his 2-point attempts this season, with most of his offense coming as a pick and roll finisher, off cuts, offensive rebounds and transition opportunities.
On the downside, according to the site, Gobert does not make much of an impact if he is not scoring near the basket. He is very raw athletically and still needs to develop a go-to move in the post.
An interesting note on Gobert is that his wingspan of 7'8" is the longest ever measured, according to the site's extensive database. His standing reach is also very high at 9'7".
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the first round of the NBA Draft which takes place on June 27th.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.