Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Rudy Gobert to work out for Phoenix Suns
Sacramento. ----->phoenix instagram.com/p/aHXpltN-xB/— rudy gobert (@rudygobert15) June 3, 2013
Gobert, a 7-foot-2 center from France, is the 11th- ranked prospect in this year's draft, according to draftexpress.com.
Offensively, Gobert was not a very prolific option for Cholet this season, being responsible for just 9.3% of their total offensive possessions and scoring 14.7 points per-40 minutes, but being incredibly efficient in the looks he did receive. He made an outrageous 74% of his 2-point attempts this season, with most of his offense coming as a pick and roll finisher, off cuts, offensive rebounds and transition opportunities.
On the downside, according to the site, Gobert does not make much of an impact if he is not scoring near the basket. He is very raw athletically and still needs to develop a go-to move in the post.
An interesting note on Gobert is that his wingspan of 7'8" is the longest ever measured, according to the site's extensive database. His standing reach is also very high at 9'7".
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the first round of the NBA Draft which takes place on June 27th.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.