Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Rudy Gobert to work out for Phoenix Suns
Sacramento. ----->phoenix instagram.com/p/aHXpltN-xB/— rudy gobert (@rudygobert15) June 3, 2013
Gobert, a 7-foot-2 center from France, is the 11th- ranked prospect in this year's draft, according to draftexpress.com.
Offensively, Gobert was not a very prolific option for Cholet this season, being responsible for just 9.3% of their total offensive possessions and scoring 14.7 points per-40 minutes, but being incredibly efficient in the looks he did receive. He made an outrageous 74% of his 2-point attempts this season, with most of his offense coming as a pick and roll finisher, off cuts, offensive rebounds and transition opportunities.
On the downside, according to the site, Gobert does not make much of an impact if he is not scoring near the basket. He is very raw athletically and still needs to develop a go-to move in the post.
An interesting note on Gobert is that his wingspan of 7'8" is the longest ever measured, according to the site's extensive database. His standing reach is also very high at 9'7".
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the first round of the NBA Draft which takes place on June 27th.
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.