Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 3:28 pm
Grant Jerrett stands by decision to leave UA
He turned more heads at last month's NBA Draft Combine, shooting well during his stay in Chicago.
His performance landed him workouts with the Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers before arriving in Phoenix to workout with the Suns Monday.
"This is ASU territory so I didn't really care for it," Jerrett said with a smile.
The 6-10, 232-pound power forward is a projected late second-round pick, though he appears to be moving up many draft boards with each passing workout.
"It's tough, but it's a good (process) to go through to get to your dream and goal, competing against good players, so it's fun," said Jerrett before heading to the airport and a workout with the Indiana Pacers Tuesday.
The first commitment in Sean Miller's recruiting class of 2012, Jerrett averaged 5.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 17.8 minutes his freshman season, which again was his only season at Arizona.
"I don't regret coming out," he said. "I'm happy I did it."
Whether his decision to forgo his final three years of college eligibility was a good one won't be known for another three weeks.
The NBA Draft is June 27.
"I don't think so," Jerrett said when asked if his shooting at the combine opened some team's eyes. "I think they already knew that I could shoot. Coming into these (workouts) is trying to do other things that they haven't seen me do before. Obviously, I need to shoot but there's also, I got to mix in other things; show them more of my game: posting up, passing, dribbling, stuff like that."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t