Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 3:28 pm
Grant Jerrett stands by decision to leave UA
He turned more heads at last month's NBA Draft Combine, shooting well during his stay in Chicago.
His performance landed him workouts with the Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers before arriving in Phoenix to workout with the Suns Monday.
"This is ASU territory so I didn't really care for it," Jerrett said with a smile.
The 6-10, 232-pound power forward is a projected late second-round pick, though he appears to be moving up many draft boards with each passing workout.
"It's tough, but it's a good (process) to go through to get to your dream and goal, competing against good players, so it's fun," said Jerrett before heading to the airport and a workout with the Indiana Pacers Tuesday.
The first commitment in Sean Miller's recruiting class of 2012, Jerrett averaged 5.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 17.8 minutes his freshman season, which again was his only season at Arizona.
"I don't regret coming out," he said. "I'm happy I did it."
Whether his decision to forgo his final three years of college eligibility was a good one won't be known for another three weeks.
The NBA Draft is June 27.
"I don't think so," Jerrett said when asked if his shooting at the combine opened some team's eyes. "I think they already knew that I could shoot. Coming into these (workouts) is trying to do other things that they haven't seen me do before. Obviously, I need to shoot but there's also, I got to mix in other things; show them more of my game: posting up, passing, dribbling, stuff like that."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.