Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 3:28 pm
Grant Jerrett stands by decision to leave UA
He turned more heads at last month's NBA Draft Combine, shooting well during his stay in Chicago.
His performance landed him workouts with the Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers before arriving in Phoenix to workout with the Suns Monday.
"This is ASU territory so I didn't really care for it," Jerrett said with a smile.
The 6-10, 232-pound power forward is a projected late second-round pick, though he appears to be moving up many draft boards with each passing workout.
"It's tough, but it's a good (process) to go through to get to your dream and goal, competing against good players, so it's fun," said Jerrett before heading to the airport and a workout with the Indiana Pacers Tuesday.
The first commitment in Sean Miller's recruiting class of 2012, Jerrett averaged 5.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 17.8 minutes his freshman season, which again was his only season at Arizona.
"I don't regret coming out," he said. "I'm happy I did it."
Whether his decision to forgo his final three years of college eligibility was a good one won't be known for another three weeks.
The NBA Draft is June 27.
"I don't think so," Jerrett said when asked if his shooting at the combine opened some team's eyes. "I think they already knew that I could shoot. Coming into these (workouts) is trying to do other things that they haven't seen me do before. Obviously, I need to shoot but there's also, I got to mix in other things; show them more of my game: posting up, passing, dribbling, stuff like that."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.