Updated May 29, 2013 - 9:44 am
Suns lose assistant Igor Kokoskov to the Cleveland Cavaliers
According to Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou, Kokoskov, who had been with the Suns since 2008, was hoping to stay in the Valley and work with Hornacek. However, he did interview with the Cavs a couple weeks ago and they wanted an answer now, and with the Suns unable to make any guarantees, elected to take the job.
Kokoskov is highly thought of in coaching circles, and when he's not working with NBA players he is the head coach of the Georgia national basketball team.
As for who Hornacek will turn to for help in filling out his staff, Bill Oram of the Salt Lake Tribune has some info:
Jeff Hornacek said he will call Karl Malone about an asst. position, but has his doubts, joked, "After two weeks he'll want to go fishing."— Bill Oram (@tribjazz) May 28, 2013
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?