Updated May 16, 2013 - 12:34 pm
Report: Suns GM McDonough formally meets with Lindsey Hunter
However, new general manager Ryan McDonough will have a say in the matter, and given that he's coming from a completely different organization, he has little attachment to the coach who guided the team to a 12-29 record after replacing Alvin Gentry.
But, that does not mean Hunter is not an option. According to Yahoo! Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, McDonough met with Hunter in Chicago Wednesday at the NBA Draft Combine.
Meeting with Hunter was the first formal sitdown with a candidate that McDonough has had since his hiring earlier in May as the Suns' general manager.
However, Wojnarowski says McDonough is looking for background information on other candidates, including Utah Jazz assistant Jeff Hornacek, Moscow CSKA assistant Quin Snyder, L.A. Lakers assistant Steve Clifford and Houston Rockets assistants J.B. Bickerstaff and Kelvin Sampson.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org