Updated May 16, 2013 - 12:34 pm
Report: Suns GM McDonough formally meets with Lindsey Hunter
However, new general manager Ryan McDonough will have a say in the matter, and given that he's coming from a completely different organization, he has little attachment to the coach who guided the team to a 12-29 record after replacing Alvin Gentry.
But, that does not mean Hunter is not an option. According to Yahoo! Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, McDonough met with Hunter in Chicago Wednesday at the NBA Draft Combine.
Meeting with Hunter was the first formal sitdown with a candidate that McDonough has had since his hiring earlier in May as the Suns' general manager.
However, Wojnarowski says McDonough is looking for background information on other candidates, including Utah Jazz assistant Jeff Hornacek, Moscow CSKA assistant Quin Snyder, L.A. Lakers assistant Steve Clifford and Houston Rockets assistants J.B. Bickerstaff and Kelvin Sampson.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.