Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 2:09 pm
Robert Sarver is NOT looking to sell the Suns
Discussing the team's search for a new general manager, Bucher also said "The bigger question is, how much longer will Sarver be calling the shots? One source says the increased evaluation of franchises inspired by the Seattle-Sacramento fight over the Kings has Sarver wondering if it's time to cash out."
That, naturally, piqued the interest of Suns fans everywhere, many of whom are not pleased with how Sarver has run the team since taking over in the summer of 2004.
But not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro.
Contrary to a report on Robert Sarver wondering if its time to "cash out" there is zero truth to it. The Phoenix Suns are not for sale.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) April 30, 2013
Well there you go.
Sarver and the Suns have a difficult road ahead of them.
The team finished the 2012-13 seasons with a 25-57 record, which was the worst in the NBA's Western Conference and ranks as the second-worst mark in franchise history.
President of basketball operations Lon Babby and the organization chose to part with general manager Lance Blanks, and the search for his replacement is currently underway.
Once hired, the new GM will be tasked with choosing wisely with the multitude of draft picks the Suns have coming to them over the next few seasons, as well as rebuilding a roster that lacks consistency and star power.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.