Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 2:09 pm
Robert Sarver is NOT looking to sell the Suns
Discussing the team's search for a new general manager, Bucher also said "The bigger question is, how much longer will Sarver be calling the shots? One source says the increased evaluation of franchises inspired by the Seattle-Sacramento fight over the Kings has Sarver wondering if it's time to cash out."
That, naturally, piqued the interest of Suns fans everywhere, many of whom are not pleased with how Sarver has run the team since taking over in the summer of 2004.
But not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro.
Contrary to a report on Robert Sarver wondering if its time to "cash out" there is zero truth to it. The Phoenix Suns are not for sale.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) April 30, 2013
Well there you go.
Sarver and the Suns have a difficult road ahead of them.
The team finished the 2012-13 seasons with a 25-57 record, which was the worst in the NBA's Western Conference and ranks as the second-worst mark in franchise history.
President of basketball operations Lon Babby and the organization chose to part with general manager Lance Blanks, and the search for his replacement is currently underway.
Once hired, the new GM will be tasked with choosing wisely with the multitude of draft picks the Suns have coming to them over the next few seasons, as well as rebuilding a roster that lacks consistency and star power.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.