Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 2:09 pm
Robert Sarver is NOT looking to sell the Suns
Discussing the team's search for a new general manager, Bucher also said "The bigger question is, how much longer will Sarver be calling the shots? One source says the increased evaluation of franchises inspired by the Seattle-Sacramento fight over the Kings has Sarver wondering if it's time to cash out."
That, naturally, piqued the interest of Suns fans everywhere, many of whom are not pleased with how Sarver has run the team since taking over in the summer of 2004.
But not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro.
Contrary to a report on Robert Sarver wondering if its time to "cash out" there is zero truth to it. The Phoenix Suns are not for sale.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) April 30, 2013
Well there you go.
Sarver and the Suns have a difficult road ahead of them.
The team finished the 2012-13 seasons with a 25-57 record, which was the worst in the NBA's Western Conference and ranks as the second-worst mark in franchise history.
President of basketball operations Lon Babby and the organization chose to part with general manager Lance Blanks, and the search for his replacement is currently underway.
Once hired, the new GM will be tasked with choosing wisely with the multitude of draft picks the Suns have coming to them over the next few seasons, as well as rebuilding a roster that lacks consistency and star power.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.