Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 2:09 pm
Robert Sarver is NOT looking to sell the Suns
Discussing the team's search for a new general manager, Bucher also said "The bigger question is, how much longer will Sarver be calling the shots? One source says the increased evaluation of franchises inspired by the Seattle-Sacramento fight over the Kings has Sarver wondering if it's time to cash out."
That, naturally, piqued the interest of Suns fans everywhere, many of whom are not pleased with how Sarver has run the team since taking over in the summer of 2004.
But not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro.
Contrary to a report on Robert Sarver wondering if its time to "cash out" there is zero truth to it. The Phoenix Suns are not for sale.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) April 30, 2013
Well there you go.
Sarver and the Suns have a difficult road ahead of them.
The team finished the 2012-13 seasons with a 25-57 record, which was the worst in the NBA's Western Conference and ranks as the second-worst mark in franchise history.
President of basketball operations Lon Babby and the organization chose to part with general manager Lance Blanks, and the search for his replacement is currently underway.
Once hired, the new GM will be tasked with choosing wisely with the multitude of draft picks the Suns have coming to them over the next few seasons, as well as rebuilding a roster that lacks consistency and star power.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Bench leads Phoenix to spirited comeback win in Denver
- Suns rally for 103-99 win over Nuggets
- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
- Suns coach Jeff Hornacek: 'These guys expect to win games'
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- The DISH - December 20, 2013 - Friday December 20Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Friday December 20Lon Babby talks about the early season success and Jeff Hornacek.
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns