Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 2:09 pm
Robert Sarver is NOT looking to sell the Suns
Discussing the team's search for a new general manager, Bucher also said "The bigger question is, how much longer will Sarver be calling the shots? One source says the increased evaluation of franchises inspired by the Seattle-Sacramento fight over the Kings has Sarver wondering if it's time to cash out."
That, naturally, piqued the interest of Suns fans everywhere, many of whom are not pleased with how Sarver has run the team since taking over in the summer of 2004.
But not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro.
Contrary to a report on Robert Sarver wondering if its time to "cash out" there is zero truth to it. The Phoenix Suns are not for sale.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) April 30, 2013
Well there you go.
Sarver and the Suns have a difficult road ahead of them.
The team finished the 2012-13 seasons with a 25-57 record, which was the worst in the NBA's Western Conference and ranks as the second-worst mark in franchise history.
President of basketball operations Lon Babby and the organization chose to part with general manager Lance Blanks, and the search for his replacement is currently underway.
Once hired, the new GM will be tasked with choosing wisely with the multitude of draft picks the Suns have coming to them over the next few seasons, as well as rebuilding a roster that lacks consistency and star power.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset to success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?