Updated Apr 22, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Phoenix Suns part with GM Lance Blanks
"Lance has been a trusted friend and colleague," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. "I thank him personally and professionally for his hard work on behalf of the Suns. We will continue to prepare for the offseason even as we look for his replacement."
Blanks was originally hired by the team in August of 2010 after working for the Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs. There was one year left on his contract.
Of note, Blanks played a role in the Suns drafting Markieff Morris and Kendall Marshall, as well as the acquisitions of Michael Beasley and decision to promote Lindsey Hunter to interim head coach in January.
Who the Suns will seek to replace Blanks is not yet known, though Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski has a name in mind:
For Suns GM job - dysfunctional franchise, cheap owner - an easy name among those who'd get more out of less: Knicks exec Mark Warkentien.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) April 22, 2013
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.