Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 7:46 am
Suns will have one lottery selection in 2013 NBA Draft
Unfortunately, the Suns didn't receive any favors.
By virtue of the Utah Jazz's 86-70 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Los Angeles Lakers clinched a spot in the postseason. Had the Lakers been left out of the playoff picture, the Suns would have claimed the rights to their 2013 lottery pick.
Phoenix will however own the Miami Heat's 30th pick in the first round.
The Suns' lottery chances also took a bit of a hit Wednesday. With the Cleveland Cavaliers' 105-98 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, Phoenix finished in sole possession of the fourth-worst record in the NBA.
Heading into the NBA Lottery on May 21, the Suns have an 11.9 percent chance of winning the rights to the No. 1 overall pick.
In addition to their two first-round picks, the Suns will also have one selection (No. 57) in the second round.
The 2013 NBA Draft will be on June 27.
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.