Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 7:46 am
Suns will have one lottery selection in 2013 NBA Draft
Unfortunately, the Suns didn't receive any favors.
By virtue of the Utah Jazz's 86-70 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Los Angeles Lakers clinched a spot in the postseason. Had the Lakers been left out of the playoff picture, the Suns would have claimed the rights to their 2013 lottery pick.
Phoenix will however own the Miami Heat's 30th pick in the first round.
The Suns' lottery chances also took a bit of a hit Wednesday. With the Cleveland Cavaliers' 105-98 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, Phoenix finished in sole possession of the fourth-worst record in the NBA.
Heading into the NBA Lottery on May 21, the Suns have an 11.9 percent chance of winning the rights to the No. 1 overall pick.
In addition to their two first-round picks, the Suns will also have one selection (No. 57) in the second round.
The 2013 NBA Draft will be on June 27.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.