Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 7:46 am
Suns will have one lottery selection in 2013 NBA Draft
Unfortunately, the Suns didn't receive any favors.
By virtue of the Utah Jazz's 86-70 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Los Angeles Lakers clinched a spot in the postseason. Had the Lakers been left out of the playoff picture, the Suns would have claimed the rights to their 2013 lottery pick.
Phoenix will however own the Miami Heat's 30th pick in the first round.
The Suns' lottery chances also took a bit of a hit Wednesday. With the Cleveland Cavaliers' 105-98 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, Phoenix finished in sole possession of the fourth-worst record in the NBA.
Heading into the NBA Lottery on May 21, the Suns have an 11.9 percent chance of winning the rights to the No. 1 overall pick.
In addition to their two first-round picks, the Suns will also have one selection (No. 57) in the second round.
The 2013 NBA Draft will be on June 27.
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.