Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 7:46 am
Suns will have one lottery selection in 2013 NBA Draft
Unfortunately, the Suns didn't receive any favors.
By virtue of the Utah Jazz's 86-70 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Los Angeles Lakers clinched a spot in the postseason. Had the Lakers been left out of the playoff picture, the Suns would have claimed the rights to their 2013 lottery pick.
Phoenix will however own the Miami Heat's 30th pick in the first round.
The Suns' lottery chances also took a bit of a hit Wednesday. With the Cleveland Cavaliers' 105-98 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, Phoenix finished in sole possession of the fourth-worst record in the NBA.
Heading into the NBA Lottery on May 21, the Suns have an 11.9 percent chance of winning the rights to the No. 1 overall pick.
In addition to their two first-round picks, the Suns will also have one selection (No. 57) in the second round.
The 2013 NBA Draft will be on June 27.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.