Updated Apr 17, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Suns' Babby on offseason: 'We need to move quickly'
At least, that's what president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Pointing to the play of Goran Dragic (one of four players to average better than 14 points, 7 assists and 1.5 steals per game) as well as individual performances from players like Markieff Morris (20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 6 blocks vs. Houston), he was really just trying to put some perspective on what has been a bad season.
And, Babby admits and understands, there have not been enough positives to make this anything close to a successful season.
"Obviously the negatives outweigh the positives, and we've got to rectify that," he said.
Babby said he is "resolute" in being analytical and critical of everything he must in order to ensure the franchise improves.
That means making a decision on general manager Lance Blanks as well as interim head coach Lindsey Hunter, the latter of which he said is too important to wait on.
"Now that the season's about to end we'll conduct our year-end analysis and evaluation of every phase of the organization, and there may be changes in some areas," Babby said. "I suspect there will be an emphasis placed on stability and continuity in other areas.
"I don't want to put a deadline on decisions, but I think we need to move quickly and that's what I've said all along. I don't feel like we have a deadline, as I say, but we've got to get the coaching situation resolved as soon as possible, consistent with making sure we've covered all our bases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?