Updated Apr 17, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Suns' Babby on offseason: 'We need to move quickly'
At least, that's what president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Pointing to the play of Goran Dragic (one of four players to average better than 14 points, 7 assists and 1.5 steals per game) as well as individual performances from players like Markieff Morris (20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 6 blocks vs. Houston), he was really just trying to put some perspective on what has been a bad season.
And, Babby admits and understands, there have not been enough positives to make this anything close to a successful season.
"Obviously the negatives outweigh the positives, and we've got to rectify that," he said.
Babby said he is "resolute" in being analytical and critical of everything he must in order to ensure the franchise improves.
That means making a decision on general manager Lance Blanks as well as interim head coach Lindsey Hunter, the latter of which he said is too important to wait on.
"Now that the season's about to end we'll conduct our year-end analysis and evaluation of every phase of the organization, and there may be changes in some areas," Babby said. "I suspect there will be an emphasis placed on stability and continuity in other areas.
"I don't want to put a deadline on decisions, but I think we need to move quickly and that's what I've said all along. I don't feel like we have a deadline, as I say, but we've got to get the coaching situation resolved as soon as possible, consistent with making sure we've covered all our bases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.