Updated Apr 17, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Suns' Babby on offseason: 'We need to move quickly'
At least, that's what president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Pointing to the play of Goran Dragic (one of four players to average better than 14 points, 7 assists and 1.5 steals per game) as well as individual performances from players like Markieff Morris (20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 6 blocks vs. Houston), he was really just trying to put some perspective on what has been a bad season.
And, Babby admits and understands, there have not been enough positives to make this anything close to a successful season.
"Obviously the negatives outweigh the positives, and we've got to rectify that," he said.
Babby said he is "resolute" in being analytical and critical of everything he must in order to ensure the franchise improves.
That means making a decision on general manager Lance Blanks as well as interim head coach Lindsey Hunter, the latter of which he said is too important to wait on.
"Now that the season's about to end we'll conduct our year-end analysis and evaluation of every phase of the organization, and there may be changes in some areas," Babby said. "I suspect there will be an emphasis placed on stability and continuity in other areas.
"I don't want to put a deadline on decisions, but I think we need to move quickly and that's what I've said all along. I don't feel like we have a deadline, as I say, but we've got to get the coaching situation resolved as soon as possible, consistent with making sure we've covered all our bases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.