Updated Apr 17, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Suns' Babby on offseason: 'We need to move quickly'
At least, that's what president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Pointing to the play of Goran Dragic (one of four players to average better than 14 points, 7 assists and 1.5 steals per game) as well as individual performances from players like Markieff Morris (20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 6 blocks vs. Houston), he was really just trying to put some perspective on what has been a bad season.
And, Babby admits and understands, there have not been enough positives to make this anything close to a successful season.
"Obviously the negatives outweigh the positives, and we've got to rectify that," he said.
Babby said he is "resolute" in being analytical and critical of everything he must in order to ensure the franchise improves.
That means making a decision on general manager Lance Blanks as well as interim head coach Lindsey Hunter, the latter of which he said is too important to wait on.
"Now that the season's about to end we'll conduct our year-end analysis and evaluation of every phase of the organization, and there may be changes in some areas," Babby said. "I suspect there will be an emphasis placed on stability and continuity in other areas.
"I don't want to put a deadline on decisions, but I think we need to move quickly and that's what I've said all along. I don't feel like we have a deadline, as I say, but we've got to get the coaching situation resolved as soon as possible, consistent with making sure we've covered all our bases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.