Suns Strokes: Suns snap 10-game skid with road win in Dallas
The Suns snapped a 10-game skid and also a streak of 10 straight losses in Dallas, which spanned a six-year period.
Phoenix almost blew another double-digit lead late, but were able to hold on for a much-needed victory.
The Suns saw three players, Goran Dragic, P.J. Tucker and Luis Scola, with double-doubles in the contest. Dragic led the charge with a team-high 21 points and 13 assists. Tucker had the hot hand late and added 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Scola scored 11 points and had 15 boards in the win.
Jermaine O'Neal had a season-best seven blocks for the Suns.
The Suns, who were 29th in the league in three-point shooting prior to the game, went 12-for-27 from downtown.
The Suns blew a 13-point lead in the first half and a 14-point lead early in the second. But despite the Mavs coming back again to cut the lead to four points in the fourth, Tucker hit two clutch baskets down the stretch to help seal the win for the Suns.
• The Suns notched their first road win since February 27.
• Prior to Wednesday's contest, the Suns hadn't won in Dallas since March 14, 2007.
• The Suns' 10-game losing streak was their longest in 16 years.
• The Mavericks were later eliminated from playoff contention after a Los Angeles Lakers win. This is the first time Dallas will not make a postseason appearance since 2000.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves on Saturday, April 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- P.J. Tucker and cash deserved
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.