Suns Strokes: Suns snap 10-game skid with road win in Dallas
The Suns snapped a 10-game skid and also a streak of 10 straight losses in Dallas, which spanned a six-year period.
Phoenix almost blew another double-digit lead late, but were able to hold on for a much-needed victory.
The Suns saw three players, Goran Dragic, P.J. Tucker and Luis Scola, with double-doubles in the contest. Dragic led the charge with a team-high 21 points and 13 assists. Tucker had the hot hand late and added 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Scola scored 11 points and had 15 boards in the win.
Jermaine O'Neal had a season-best seven blocks for the Suns.
The Suns, who were 29th in the league in three-point shooting prior to the game, went 12-for-27 from downtown.
The Suns blew a 13-point lead in the first half and a 14-point lead early in the second. But despite the Mavs coming back again to cut the lead to four points in the fourth, Tucker hit two clutch baskets down the stretch to help seal the win for the Suns.
• The Suns notched their first road win since February 27.
• Prior to Wednesday's contest, the Suns hadn't won in Dallas since March 14, 2007.
• The Suns' 10-game losing streak was their longest in 16 years.
• The Mavericks were later eliminated from playoff contention after a Los Angeles Lakers win. This is the first time Dallas will not make a postseason appearance since 2000.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves on Saturday, April 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.