Suns Strokes: Suns snap 10-game skid with road win in Dallas
The Suns snapped a 10-game skid and also a streak of 10 straight losses in Dallas, which spanned a six-year period.
Phoenix almost blew another double-digit lead late, but were able to hold on for a much-needed victory.
The Suns saw three players, Goran Dragic, P.J. Tucker and Luis Scola, with double-doubles in the contest. Dragic led the charge with a team-high 21 points and 13 assists. Tucker had the hot hand late and added 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Scola scored 11 points and had 15 boards in the win.
Jermaine O'Neal had a season-best seven blocks for the Suns.
The Suns, who were 29th in the league in three-point shooting prior to the game, went 12-for-27 from downtown.
The Suns blew a 13-point lead in the first half and a 14-point lead early in the second. But despite the Mavs coming back again to cut the lead to four points in the fourth, Tucker hit two clutch baskets down the stretch to help seal the win for the Suns.
• The Suns notched their first road win since February 27.
• Prior to Wednesday's contest, the Suns hadn't won in Dallas since March 14, 2007.
• The Suns' 10-game losing streak was their longest in 16 years.
• The Mavericks were later eliminated from playoff contention after a Los Angeles Lakers win. This is the first time Dallas will not make a postseason appearance since 2000.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves on Saturday, April 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?