Suns Strokes: Suns snap 10-game skid with road win in Dallas
The Suns snapped a 10-game skid and also a streak of 10 straight losses in Dallas, which spanned a six-year period.
Phoenix almost blew another double-digit lead late, but were able to hold on for a much-needed victory.
The Suns saw three players, Goran Dragic, P.J. Tucker and Luis Scola, with double-doubles in the contest. Dragic led the charge with a team-high 21 points and 13 assists. Tucker had the hot hand late and added 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Scola scored 11 points and had 15 boards in the win.
Jermaine O'Neal had a season-best seven blocks for the Suns.
The Suns, who were 29th in the league in three-point shooting prior to the game, went 12-for-27 from downtown.
The Suns blew a 13-point lead in the first half and a 14-point lead early in the second. But despite the Mavs coming back again to cut the lead to four points in the fourth, Tucker hit two clutch baskets down the stretch to help seal the win for the Suns.
• The Suns notched their first road win since February 27.
• Prior to Wednesday's contest, the Suns hadn't won in Dallas since March 14, 2007.
• The Suns' 10-game losing streak was their longest in 16 years.
• The Mavericks were later eliminated from playoff contention after a Los Angeles Lakers win. This is the first time Dallas will not make a postseason appearance since 2000.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves on Saturday, April 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?