Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 1:30 pm
Suns watching Lakers/Jazz race for last playoff spot
The result holds a direct correlation to the who and when the Suns select in the 2013 NBA Draft.
If the Lakers do not make the playoffs, the Suns will get Los Angeles' lottery pick. However, if the Lakers do make the playoffs, Phoenix will get the Miami Heat's first round pick. This is all part of the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers in the offseason.
The Lakers are currently holding onto a half-game lead over the Jazz with four games remaining. Of those four games, L.A. faces three playoff teams -- Golden State (45-33), San Antonio (57-20) and Houston (44-34). Kobe Bryant and the Lakers travel to Portland Wednesday night to take on the Trail Blazers (33-44) before returning home on Friday for a three-game home stand, finishing Wednesday night against the Rockets.
Utah has a much easier finish to the season on paper, as they play Minnesota (29-48) in back-to-back games. The Jazz will finish the season on the same night as the Lakers, traveling to Memphis (53-25) Wednesday night.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.