Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 1:30 pm
Suns watching Lakers/Jazz race for last playoff spot
The result holds a direct correlation to the who and when the Suns select in the 2013 NBA Draft.
If the Lakers do not make the playoffs, the Suns will get Los Angeles' lottery pick. However, if the Lakers do make the playoffs, Phoenix will get the Miami Heat's first round pick. This is all part of the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers in the offseason.
The Lakers are currently holding onto a half-game lead over the Jazz with four games remaining. Of those four games, L.A. faces three playoff teams -- Golden State (45-33), San Antonio (57-20) and Houston (44-34). Kobe Bryant and the Lakers travel to Portland Wednesday night to take on the Trail Blazers (33-44) before returning home on Friday for a three-game home stand, finishing Wednesday night against the Rockets.
Utah has a much easier finish to the season on paper, as they play Minnesota (29-48) in back-to-back games. The Jazz will finish the season on the same night as the Lakers, traveling to Memphis (53-25) Wednesday night.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.