Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 1:30 pm
Suns watching Lakers/Jazz race for last playoff spot
The result holds a direct correlation to the who and when the Suns select in the 2013 NBA Draft.
If the Lakers do not make the playoffs, the Suns will get Los Angeles' lottery pick. However, if the Lakers do make the playoffs, Phoenix will get the Miami Heat's first round pick. This is all part of the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers in the offseason.
The Lakers are currently holding onto a half-game lead over the Jazz with four games remaining. Of those four games, L.A. faces three playoff teams -- Golden State (45-33), San Antonio (57-20) and Houston (44-34). Kobe Bryant and the Lakers travel to Portland Wednesday night to take on the Trail Blazers (33-44) before returning home on Friday for a three-game home stand, finishing Wednesday night against the Rockets.
Utah has a much easier finish to the season on paper, as they play Minnesota (29-48) in back-to-back games. The Jazz will finish the season on the same night as the Lakers, traveling to Memphis (53-25) Wednesday night.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?