Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Suns president: 'We'll make a quick decision' regarding Lindsey Hunter's future
The Suns have lost 10 in a row -- including four by 14 or more points -- and are essentially competing for one of the top four spots in the upcoming draft lottery over their final four games.
It's safe to say in terms of wins and losses little progress has been made (10-27) since Lindsey Hunter was tagged as the interim head coach back on January 20.
So is Hunter a shoe-in to have his tag removed this off-season?
"It's a fair question," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "We're in a results business, so you have to look at the results. But I think also in fairness you have to put the results in context where we are in the season and how difficult it is to persevere, which I don't think we've fully done by any stretch of the imagination."
When pressed further on whether that meant the organization had already made a decision on Hunter's future, Babby wouldn't commit to anything.
"You can interpret (my comments) any way you want," said Babby. "I'm not going to answer one way or the other...there's plenty of time to sort it out and make the right decision and move forward."
In terms of a time frame, though, Babby was a little bit more decisive on the matter. With less than 10 days left in the season, he revealed that Hunter's future would be decided sooner rather than later.
"We will make a quick decision, but I'm not going to give you a deadline for it," said Babby. "I would say we can't afford an elongated process. I don't anticipate that we would do that.
"We might make a decision immediately or in short order after the season. To me, there's no particular moment. We've got to make a decision we're comfortable with when we're comfortable with it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.