Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Suns president: 'We'll make a quick decision' regarding Lindsey Hunter's future
The Suns have lost 10 in a row -- including four by 14 or more points -- and are essentially competing for one of the top four spots in the upcoming draft lottery over their final four games.
It's safe to say in terms of wins and losses little progress has been made (10-27) since Lindsey Hunter was tagged as the interim head coach back on January 20.
So is Hunter a shoe-in to have his tag removed this off-season?
"It's a fair question," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "We're in a results business, so you have to look at the results. But I think also in fairness you have to put the results in context where we are in the season and how difficult it is to persevere, which I don't think we've fully done by any stretch of the imagination."
When pressed further on whether that meant the organization had already made a decision on Hunter's future, Babby wouldn't commit to anything.
"You can interpret (my comments) any way you want," said Babby. "I'm not going to answer one way or the other...there's plenty of time to sort it out and make the right decision and move forward."
In terms of a time frame, though, Babby was a little bit more decisive on the matter. With less than 10 days left in the season, he revealed that Hunter's future would be decided sooner rather than later.
"We will make a quick decision, but I'm not going to give you a deadline for it," said Babby. "I would say we can't afford an elongated process. I don't anticipate that we would do that.
"We might make a decision immediately or in short order after the season. To me, there's no particular moment. We've got to make a decision we're comfortable with when we're comfortable with it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.