Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Suns president: 'We'll make a quick decision' regarding Lindsey Hunter's future
The Suns have lost 10 in a row -- including four by 14 or more points -- and are essentially competing for one of the top four spots in the upcoming draft lottery over their final four games.
It's safe to say in terms of wins and losses little progress has been made (10-27) since Lindsey Hunter was tagged as the interim head coach back on January 20.
So is Hunter a shoe-in to have his tag removed this off-season?
"It's a fair question," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "We're in a results business, so you have to look at the results. But I think also in fairness you have to put the results in context where we are in the season and how difficult it is to persevere, which I don't think we've fully done by any stretch of the imagination."
When pressed further on whether that meant the organization had already made a decision on Hunter's future, Babby wouldn't commit to anything.
"You can interpret (my comments) any way you want," said Babby. "I'm not going to answer one way or the other...there's plenty of time to sort it out and make the right decision and move forward."
In terms of a time frame, though, Babby was a little bit more decisive on the matter. With less than 10 days left in the season, he revealed that Hunter's future would be decided sooner rather than later.
"We will make a quick decision, but I'm not going to give you a deadline for it," said Babby. "I would say we can't afford an elongated process. I don't anticipate that we would do that.
"We might make a decision immediately or in short order after the season. To me, there's no particular moment. We've got to make a decision we're comfortable with when we're comfortable with it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.